Friday, December 28, 2012

WireTap: Hyper-Quench

This short animation was for a contest held by WireTap, a darn funny CBC radio show. I think the folks there liked it (they featured it on their blog), though I didn't win. I was actually unqualified to participate in the first place since a family member of mine works there (should have known better!). At any rate, I loved animating in this style to the dialogue provided by WireTap. The goal for me was to try out different ideas quickly and see which are giving the freshest feel to the super inventive dialogue. In this sense, I think more traditional, pre-planned animation methods and representations would not have worked to my advantage. That being said, there were some pretty inventive drawn animation submissions. In fact I think this one was the best submission I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment